Automation of Microsoft Dynamics 365
Beyond Configuration (no-code customisation) of Microsoft Dynamics 365, user adoption can be improved further by making each user’s job easier through automating some of their frequently repeated tasks.
This one-day course is an overview of the options available to automate Microsoft Dynamics 365 without using code. This course focusses on the design of the process so the participants leave knowing why each technique adds value, and when it is appropriate, when it is not so appropriate, as well as how to use each technique.
This course covers the benefits and the reasons to use Power Automate, Real-Time Workflows, and Business Process Flows in Microsoft Dynamics 365 to make your Microsoft Dynamics 365 easier for your users every day.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Automation is a valuable skill to have if you are, or want to be, a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Project Manager, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Analyst, or a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Solution Architect.
At the end of this course, you will have:
- An understanding of the automation options available in Microsoft Dynamics 365
- The ability to use workflows to do work for you
- Automation of email to speed up frequently used communication
- Using Business Process Flows to guide users through data entry
- An understanding of how to monitor the processes running in Microsoft Dynamics 365
This one-day course is perfect for people who want to maximise their Microsoft Dynamics 365 and make using Dynamics 365 as easy as possible for their users.
Target Audience for Automation in Microsoft Dynamics 365
- People wanting to improve the user experience by automating some of their business processes
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Project Managers, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Analysts, and Microsoft Dynamics 365 Solution Architects
Course Prerequisites for Automation in Microsoft Dynamics 365
Participants on the Automation course should be very comfortable with configuring Microsoft Dynamics 365 (equivalent to the skills gained on Configuration of Microsoft Dynamics 365) and the breadth of functionality available in Microsoft Dynamics 365.
Course Content in Automation in Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Introduction to Workflow
- Automation in Dynamics 365
- Techniques available for automation in Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Sales Process automation
- Account Management automation
- Support automation
- Workflow activation and testing
- Security Roles and Workflow
- On-Demand processes
- Email Templates and email in Workflows
- Real-time Workflows
- Differences between real-time and background Workflows
- Monitoring and Debugging Workflow processes
- Business Process Flows